Tonight, between 7:30-8:30pm, our second session in elluminate will be held. A number of staff will again be present. Due to the success of last week’s meeting, it has been opened up to all parents within the school.
Here is the link for tonight’s meeting.
What an amazing experience! Teachers, students and parents all in an online classroom, sharing valuable conversations about education and what is happening inside and outside the classroom!
Despite some technical issues, some participants disappearing at times (including me!) and microphones being stubborn as per usual, we had a great session with many conversations being shared!
Here is the link to the recording!
After a quick introducation to elluminate, particpants were asked to write their names on the board, colour them and manipulate them. Everyone was successful! Next came the following conversations:-
- Ms Murnane spoke about her ‘week in a sentence’ task found on her blog, walking parents through how to add a comment and encouraging parents to be involved.
- Rachel Neal from Darwin spoke about the ‘teddy bear exchange’ with our school. She had shared photos with us and spoke about her class and why this teddy bear exchange was so important to her culturally mixed class. Tyna Lee also spoke about the exchange from Hawkesdale P12 College point of view. Questions came thick and fast for Rachel enquiring about life as a teacher in Darwin. Thanks Rachel for coming on board.
- Mr Keith, our assistant principal spoke briefly on the naplan testing.
- Mrs Gow spoke about activities in maths and science for the past week and showed some wonderful photos of the activities, including the recent healthy breakfast.
- Finally, the Education week timetable was outlined, with students coming online telling us about the books they are taking to the pre-school to read to the students there. Alannah spoke about the golf day today!
Suggestions for future use of elluminate with parents and community were put forward. There will be further sessions over the next two weeks. It is hoped that regular sessions might continue after that.
If you attended the session, please comment and tell us what you liked, providing us also with any further suggestions for further sessions. We would love to hear from you. Thank you to all involved for this great effort that provides a glimpse into the power of technology in education!
Tonight at 7:3pm, staff, parents and students will meet online from their homes, using the virtual meeting software, elluminate as our school launch to Education Week. It will help streamline the ultranet for parents, as our school will be rolled out soon.
Here is the link to the session.
Students should be able to mentor their parents through the logon/access process and user guides have been sent home to those who indicated interest.
Agenda for first online meeting Monday May 17th
- Introducing elluminate (4mins)
- Ice breaker (6 mins)
- From our Principal (7 mins)… The Intranet
- Assistant Principal (7 mins)
- Online exploration: Ms Murnane (7 mins)
- Our e-guest from Darwin – Rachel Neal (7 mins) outlining our equivalent of the ‘Teddy Bear Exchange” between the two schools.
- From the classroom – Mrs Gow (7 mins)
- Mr Poynton – Education Week (7 mins)
- Question time (7 mins) Looking forward to working with you online.