Grade 4 after their magnificent fundraising effort for the MS readathon drew up some questions and were able to skype a person who has multiple sclerosis and ask him directly, their questions. Skype was used for its videoconferencing facilities. Here are some of their questions:-
- When did you first find out that you had MS? How old were you then? How long have you had it for?
- How did you and your family react when you found out that you had MS?
- What did Doctors do to work out that you had MS?
- What Symptoms do you have?
- Many people with MS have trouble walking. Do you have trouble?
- Do you have trouble with your eyesight?
- Have they (The symptoms) made it hard or more difficult to do everyday things?
- What do you do for work? Have you had to change things since you got MS?
- Do you have to take medication to help with your symptoms? What medication?Is your medication expensive?
What a fantastic outcome and great use of skype! Well done, Ms Vize and grade 4.