Girls Football

the team

Last Friday saw the VCAL students organise a Girls’ Football match as part of their studies. Girls from Year 7 through to Year 12 formed two teams and under the guidance of two VCAL umpires played an afternoon match. Surprisingly for many, the girls were quite skilled and an enjoyable game was held. The oval was quite muddy after the recent rains and rain fell in the last quarter but this did not deter the girls from their enjoyment and involvement.

Well done to all concerned!

kicking the footy shannon

This entry was posted in events and tagged , , , by murch. Bookmark the permalink.

About murch

Hi, I am Anne Mirtschin, a secondary teacher who teaches commerce and IT. In 2007, I am teaching grade 3 through to year 12 IT. My passions include the use of web2.0, podcasting and multimedia including digital animations. I teach at Hawkesdale prep to year 12 College, a small country school in Western Victoria, Australia. This year our school has been granted a rich picture case studies grant where we will work with grade 6 students on pod/vidcasting and the volunteers at the Penshurst Volcano Discovery Centre to produce podcasts for the centre and surrounding volcanic district, called Kanawinka.