School Anzac Day Commemoration

150 poppies made by the students

150 poppies made by the students

In this centenary of the Gallipoli Landing, our school will hold an ANZAC Day commemoration on Friday, April 24th. The commemoration will be held in the College stadium beginning at 10:15am. Students from a number of year levles will be involved in public speaking at this event and a range of classroom work will be on display during the course of the commemoration.

Students are invited to bring a flower or a posy of flowers from home, to be laid on the Australian flag during the course of our school ceremony. These flowers will be collected following the commemoration and then presented and laid at the Hawkesdale Memorial Hall during the ocmmunity ANZAC ceremony to be held at 6am on Saturday the 25th.

Parents, friends and relations of students are invited to join us to commemorate ANZAC day on Friday, 24th.

This entry was posted in events and tagged by murch. Bookmark the permalink.

About murch

Hi, I am Anne Mirtschin, a secondary teacher who teaches commerce and IT. In 2007, I am teaching grade 3 through to year 12 IT. My passions include the use of web2.0, podcasting and multimedia including digital animations. I teach at Hawkesdale prep to year 12 College, a small country school in Western Victoria, Australia. This year our school has been granted a rich picture case studies grant where we will work with grade 6 students on pod/vidcasting and the volunteers at the Penshurst Volcano Discovery Centre to produce podcasts for the centre and surrounding volcanic district, called Kanawinka.