Remembrance Day

The School Wreath

At the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, our school will maintain a minute’s silence as part of their Remembrance Day Ceremony at the Hawkesdale Reflection centre in the centre of our small town. This  ceremony  will take on special significance as we enter the year of the centenary of the start of World War I. Community members are also invited to attend this service which is organised by the Student Leadership Team and Ms Van Englen and Mr Huglin. The team has met at lunchtimes.

Lunchtime meeting

Lunchtime meeting

The program will be as follows:

• Introduction by one of the students
  • Recitation of “In Flanders Fields”
  • Commemorative address (Sarah)
  • Wreath Laying by school and community groups/individuals
  • “The Ode for the Fallen” Recitation
  • Playing of the Last Post, followed by the Rouse
  • Singing of our National Anthem
This entry was posted in events and tagged , , by murch. Bookmark the permalink.

About murch

Hi, I am Anne Mirtschin, a secondary teacher who teaches commerce and IT. In 2007, I am teaching grade 3 through to year 12 IT. My passions include the use of web2.0, podcasting and multimedia including digital animations. I teach at Hawkesdale prep to year 12 College, a small country school in Western Victoria, Australia. This year our school has been granted a rich picture case studies grant where we will work with grade 6 students on pod/vidcasting and the volunteers at the Penshurst Volcano Discovery Centre to produce podcasts for the centre and surrounding volcanic district, called Kanawinka.