Spring is in the air!

roses and treer
bird aviaryr

The school bird aviary is like a nursery this week with the arrival of baby quail and diamond doves. The bird aviary is one of a number of special clubs and leadership oportunities that have offered students the opportunity to explore special interests. A pathway has been added to the aviary at a recent working bee and a new chook house will arrive shortly.
eggs and chickens

The green thumbs group led by Shannon Drysdale have reworked a section of our garden into a fairy garden and has planted vegetables in the new wicker gardens outside our primary building. Projects like this aim to build on student interest and builds pride in their school.

primary gardenr

fairy gardenr

This entry was posted in school programs and tagged , , , by murch. Bookmark the permalink.

About murch

Hi, I am Anne Mirtschin, a secondary teacher who teaches commerce and IT. In 2007, I am teaching grade 3 through to year 12 IT. My passions include the use of web2.0, podcasting and multimedia including digital animations. I teach at Hawkesdale prep to year 12 College, a small country school in Western Victoria, Australia. This year our school has been granted a rich picture case studies grant where we will work with grade 6 students on pod/vidcasting and the volunteers at the Penshurst Volcano Discovery Centre to produce podcasts for the centre and surrounding volcanic district, called Kanawinka.