Victorian Schools Cycling Championship 2014

On Sunday 17th August, Josh Tanner and James Coomber competed in the Mountain Bike event at the You Yang Ranges. Both boys competed in tough categories and were focused and well prepared.

This was Josh’ first competitive mountain bike race and he was very impressive. James competed in his second solo mou8ntain bike event against 3 national champions in an age group above his category. This was a big step and challenge for him and he stayed with a group of 3 riders for the whole race with a sprint between the 3 of thme to the finish linke. James placed in the top 10 our o 20 riders – a fantastic result. Well done boys!

On Wednesday 20th Auguas, Caitlin Morden, James Coomber and Ross Anderson competed in the road event in Ballarat. The icy weather conditions made for a tough race but all 3 students improved on last year’s races with James and Caitlin making it through to the State final in Bendigo in October. A great effort from all riders. All the best, James and Caitlin in the state final races.

cycling

This entry was posted in events and tagged , by murch. Bookmark the permalink.

About murch

Hi, I am Anne Mirtschin, a secondary teacher who teaches commerce and IT. In 2007, I am teaching grade 3 through to year 12 IT. My passions include the use of web2.0, podcasting and multimedia including digital animations. I teach at Hawkesdale prep to year 12 College, a small country school in Western Victoria, Australia. This year our school has been granted a rich picture case studies grant where we will work with grade 6 students on pod/vidcasting and the volunteers at the Penshurst Volcano Discovery Centre to produce podcasts for the centre and surrounding volcanic district, called Kanawinka.