Anzac Linkup via Polycom with Lismore PS

On Monday 22nd April, Years 5 and 6 had a special Polycom linkup with Lismore Primary School, another small rural school, over an hour’s drive from us. Both schools had been researching Australia’s involvements in past wars.  Five students spoke about a relative who had been involved in a war. As Lismore students had created a movie of some of their interviews with past war veterans, they shared the movie presentation using the Smart boards. It was wonderful to share what each school had learnt with each other.

One of our students brought along her great Grandfathers army blazer, complete with badges and medals. This was proudly shared with each class together with the accompanying story.

Students have found 11 relatives who we will find on the Honour Roll at the Australian War Memorial when the students go to Canberra later this year.

World War 2 Army Jacket

This entry was posted in polycom, Videoconferencing, virtualclassrooms and tagged , , , , , by murch. Bookmark the permalink.

About murch

Hi, I am Anne Mirtschin, a secondary teacher who teaches commerce and IT. In 2007, I am teaching grade 3 through to year 12 IT. My passions include the use of web2.0, podcasting and multimedia including digital animations. I teach at Hawkesdale prep to year 12 College, a small country school in Western Victoria, Australia. This year our school has been granted a rich picture case studies grant where we will work with grade 6 students on pod/vidcasting and the volunteers at the Penshurst Volcano Discovery Centre to produce podcasts for the centre and surrounding volcanic district, called Kanawinka.