Our special Anzac Day Ceremony

Students paid tribute especially to all Australia men and women for all our men and women who have fought and died in all wars. Our school held a  solemn ceremony of remembrance, gratitude and national pride in tribute especially to our Anzac soldiers. Amongst the readings was a tribute read out by Jemma from grade 6 who shared her research into her great grandfather’s involvement in World War 1. Year 6 students had spent a lot of time researching the Wars and their impact on those who were involved.

Floral tributes adorn the flag draped steps

Towards the end of this special service, a year 10 airforce reserve student laid an Australian flag over the steps to our stadium stage. Each year level was individually called forward and students laid flowers on the flag. This was a very moving feature of our ceremony. It was completed by the singing of our national anthem, led by the grade 6 choir.

This entry was posted in events and tagged , , by murch. Bookmark the permalink.

About murch

Hi, I am Anne Mirtschin, a secondary teacher who teaches commerce and IT. In 2007, I am teaching grade 3 through to year 12 IT. My passions include the use of web2.0, podcasting and multimedia including digital animations. I teach at Hawkesdale prep to year 12 College, a small country school in Western Victoria, Australia. This year our school has been granted a rich picture case studies grant where we will work with grade 6 students on pod/vidcasting and the volunteers at the Penshurst Volcano Discovery Centre to produce podcasts for the centre and surrounding volcanic district, called Kanawinka.