The School Vegetable Garden

Scarecrow guards the vegetable garden

As the school year finishes and summer approaches, the school vegetable garden has flourished and provided some tasty, organic vegetables for the school canteen and cookery classes. The spring crop was harvested and  beds tidied up for the summer period with appropriate summer crops going in.

This collage was put together by two year 10 ICT girls using the app Pic Collage. Can you name the vegetables that were grown and enjoyed?

Thanks to Mrs King and the grade 6 class for cultivating this garden as part of their studies.

The school vegetable patch

This entry was posted in Projects and tagged , , by murch. Bookmark the permalink.

About murch

Hi, I am Anne Mirtschin, a secondary teacher who teaches commerce and IT. In 2007, I am teaching grade 3 through to year 12 IT. My passions include the use of web2.0, podcasting and multimedia including digital animations. I teach at Hawkesdale prep to year 12 College, a small country school in Western Victoria, Australia. This year our school has been granted a rich picture case studies grant where we will work with grade 6 students on pod/vidcasting and the volunteers at the Penshurst Volcano Discovery Centre to produce podcasts for the centre and surrounding volcanic district, called Kanawinka.