Students Leaders for the Ultranet

On Tuesday, April 17th, a group of 17 students were trained as leaders in the use of the Ultranet. These students came from year five through to year 9. Nigel Holloway, our Barwon South West ultranet coach, capably led them through the following:-

1. explore what it means to be a leader
  2. learn about Ultranet functionality
  3. learn where to go to find Ultranet support materials
  4. engage in action planning for how they will effectively use the Ultranet in their schools.

Students spent their time productively during this full day workshop. On Wednesday, they were able to help their fellow class members with their ultranet space. These students were part of the leadership training:-

• Year 5: Chelsea A, Caitlin M
  • Year 6: Hailey K, Kailyn, Jess S
  • Year 7: Tate G, Alannah G, Kirsty H, Matt R
  • Year 8: Jade M, Kaylee, Jobe H, Ruby F
  • Year 9: Emma H, Leah D
Thank you to these students for taking up this challenge!
This entry was posted in achievements, ICT, leadership and tagged , , by murch. Bookmark the permalink.

About murch

Hi, I am Anne Mirtschin, a secondary teacher who teaches commerce and IT. In 2007, I am teaching grade 3 through to year 12 IT. My passions include the use of web2.0, podcasting and multimedia including digital animations. I teach at Hawkesdale prep to year 12 College, a small country school in Western Victoria, Australia. This year our school has been granted a rich picture case studies grant where we will work with grade 6 students on pod/vidcasting and the volunteers at the Penshurst Volcano Discovery Centre to produce podcasts for the centre and surrounding volcanic district, called Kanawinka.