Safer Internet Day

Today is Safer Internet Day where people across the globe reflect on a Safer Internet in a number of ways. Years 4, 5 and 6 students attended a live webinar presented by the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) Cybersmart program. This session provided material to trigger students awareness of learning and networking online safely. This year’s theme is ‘Connecting generations’ and the slogan ‘Discover the digital world together… safely!’ Students, parents, grandparents, family and community are encouraged to discuss this vital concept. What messages can we share with each other? Below is a wall that year 7 built on what came to their minds when they hear the concept of Safer Internet Day.

This entry was posted in Cybersafety, events and tagged , , by murch. Bookmark the permalink.

About murch

Hi, I am Anne Mirtschin, a secondary teacher who teaches commerce and IT. In 2007, I am teaching grade 3 through to year 12 IT. My passions include the use of web2.0, podcasting and multimedia including digital animations. I teach at Hawkesdale prep to year 12 College, a small country school in Western Victoria, Australia. This year our school has been granted a rich picture case studies grant where we will work with grade 6 students on pod/vidcasting and the volunteers at the Penshurst Volcano Discovery Centre to produce podcasts for the centre and surrounding volcanic district, called Kanawinka.