11 11 11 – Remembrance Day

resized whole school photo

This morning our school remembered those who had were members of the armed forces and who have died in the line of duty. All students walked to the new reflection area in Hawkesdale where a special ceremony was held. Members of the community were there as well. A special service was held which included:-

• reading of presentations prepared by the year 10 students
  • lowering of the flag to half mast
  • “When I was 19” – a year 9/10 band item
  • laying of wreaths at the flag pole
  • the last post
  • 1 minutes silence
  • the National Anthem

As it is a special day to also celebrate “Home is where the hall is”. Community members and student groups could visit the hall to see the special displays setup and enjoy light refreshments.

band

This entry was posted in events and tagged by murch. Bookmark the permalink.

About murch

Hi, I am Anne Mirtschin, a secondary teacher who teaches commerce and IT. In 2007, I am teaching grade 3 through to year 12 IT. My passions include the use of web2.0, podcasting and multimedia including digital animations. I teach at Hawkesdale prep to year 12 College, a small country school in Western Victoria, Australia. This year our school has been granted a rich picture case studies grant where we will work with grade 6 students on pod/vidcasting and the volunteers at the Penshurst Volcano Discovery Centre to produce podcasts for the centre and surrounding volcanic district, called Kanawinka.