Cyber Safety

Further to the previous post What does your digital footprint say about you?, here is an informative movie created by ACMA Cybersmart on How Cybersmart are You?

This entry was posted in ICT and tagged , by murch. Bookmark the permalink.

About murch

Hi, I am Anne Mirtschin, a secondary teacher who teaches commerce and IT. In 2007, I am teaching grade 3 through to year 12 IT. My passions include the use of web2.0, podcasting and multimedia including digital animations. I teach at Hawkesdale prep to year 12 College, a small country school in Western Victoria, Australia. This year our school has been granted a rich picture case studies grant where we will work with grade 6 students on pod/vidcasting and the volunteers at the Penshurst Volcano Discovery Centre to produce podcasts for the centre and surrounding volcanic district, called Kanawinka.

2 thoughts on “Cyber Safety

1. This is a great video that should be compulsory viewing for every child and parent at the school. I am hoping that the competition will have more of a focus on cyber-bullying than cyber-safety, as I think our school has done a pretty good job at educating our students on how to be safe online. However, I think we still have a lot of work to do around using appropriate language and being respectful and empathetic of people on our online community. Please leave us a comment if you would like some input into the competition – we need independent judges, more donations of prizes and suggestions for judging criteria to post with the competition details.

2. @Britt, what competition are you speaking about? I dont know whether I know about that. If you could share links, that would be great! I agree that we have made good progress in keeping our students informed and educated about safe online use, but I still see students adding their personal details to online sites without really thinking about it.