Grade 4 skype a person who has MS

Student asking their question
Student asking their question

Grade 4 after their magnificent fundraising effort for the MS readathon drew up some questions and were able to skype a person who has multiple sclerosis and ask him directly, their questions. Skype was used for its videoconferencing facilities. Here are some of their questions:-

1. When did you first find out that you had MS? How old were you then? How long have you had it for?
  2. How did you and your family react when you found out that you had MS?
  3. What did Doctors do to work out that you had MS?
  4. What Symptoms do you have?
  5. Many people with MS have trouble walking. Do you have trouble?
  6. Do you have trouble with your eyesight?
  7. Have they (The symptoms) made it hard or more difficult to do everyday things?
  8. What do you do for work? Have you had to change things since you got MS?  
  9. Do you have to take medication to help with your symptoms? What medication?Is your medication expensive?

What a fantastic outcome and great use of skype! Well done, Ms Vize and grade 4.

MS 008B

9 thoughts on “Grade 4 skype a person who has MS

1. We all enjoyed the Skype session. It was great to hear about MS from someone who has the disease.

2. the MS skype was fun because we got to meet Miss Vizes dad and because we learnt more about MS

3. It was so cool being on skype talking to Greg. I learnt so much more about MS.(Multiple Scleroisis)

4. Hello
    Thank-you to all the students who I met through the skype session about MS and my symptons, It was great to talk to you and I would like to especially thank-you for your kind wishes and cards sent to me also. Thank-you for thinking of me.

I guess you will all be excited about the holidays coming up. I hope you enjoy them.

Regards Greg Vize